How to keep your SkyTrak dependable this winter
Park the SkyTrak at the street side of the project. Plug in the engine block heater every evening. The plug is located behind the cab, by the rear tilt cylinder. See image above.
**If power is not available onsite. Connecting to your generator upon arrival in the morning is an alternative. Twenty to Thirty minutes will greatly assist the SkyTrak to warm up and start properly.
- Cover the SkyTrak cab with a tarp to shield the joysticks and electronics from snow and ice.
**If you own your SkyTrak we recommend an Aero Lift certified cover. Contact us for further information.
- Always keep Diesel fuel above a half a tank. Add a winter fuel additive when needed. Diesel 911 is proven to be a good choice.
- Starting fluid. ONE QUICK SHOT into the air intake before cranking engine. If engine fails to start, wait a minute then repeat. Do not attempt a third time!
- Have a quality set of jumper cables to assist starting.
- Once started, let machine warm up. Quickly gun the engine to activate the alternator and charging system. Slowly cycle hydraulics to circulate and warm fluid up.